For treatment-naïve adults with HIV-1. See Full Indication.
Dosing and Drug Interactions of Dovato
Dosing OF DOVATO
A Complete Regimen Offering Convenient Dosing for Your Adult Patients
ONCE A DAY
TAKEN ANY TIME OF DAY
WITH OR WITHOUT FOOD
POTENTIAL Drug Interactions WITH DOVATO
Established and Other Potentially Significant Drug to Drug Interactions
St John's wort (Hypericum perforatum)
|Avoid coadministration with DOVATO because there are insufficient data to make dosing recommendations|
|Sorbitol||When possible, avoid use of sorbitol-containing medicines with DOVATO|
- Because DOVATO is a complete regimen, coadministration with other ARVs for the treatment of HIV-1 infection is not recommended
|Dosing Adjustments and Considerations|
|Certain UGT1A/CYP3A inducers: carbamazepine or rifampin||An additional dolutegravir 50-mg dose should be taken, separated by 12 hours from DOVATO
||Refer to the prescribing information for metformin for assessing the benefit and risk of concomitant use of DOVATO and metformin
|Medications containing polyvalent cations (eg, Mg or Al): cation-containing antacids or laxatives, sucralfate, or buffered medications||
Administer DOVATO 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking medications containing polyvalent cations
|Oral calcium or iron supplements, including multivitamins containing calcium or iron
||When taken with food, DOVATO and supplements or multivitamins containing calcium or iron can be taken at the same time. Under fasting conditions, DOVATO should be taken 2 hours before or 6 hours after taking supplements containing calcium or iron
||Elevated levels of dalfampridine increase the risk of seizures. The potential benefits of taking dalfampridine concurrently with DOVATO should be considered against the risk of seizures in these patients
- Please see Section 7 of the full Prescribing Information for additional drug interaction information
Dolutegravir and Lamivudine, Components of DOVATO, Have No Clinically Relevant Effects on the Pharmacokinetics of the Following Agents
|Based on available pharmacokinetics drug interaction studies
|Based on pharmacokinetics, metabolic pathways, and/or available drug interaction studies
Hepatitis C drugs, including1,2:
*Norelgestromin is the active metabolite of norgestimate and no drug interaction is expected with norgestimate.9
- US Department of Health and Human Services Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents. Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents Living with HIV. AIDSinfo website. https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/adultandadolescentgl.pdf. Accessed April 1, 2019.
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and Infectious Diseases Society of America. HCV Guidance: Recommendations for Testing, Managing, and Treating Hepatitis C. https://www.hcvguidelines.org/unique-populations/hiv-hcv. Updated May 24, 2018. Accessed April 1, 2019.
- Harvoni [package insert]. Foster City, CA: Gilead Sciences, Inc.; November 2017.
- Olysio [package insert]. Titusville, NJ: Janssen Therapeutics; November 2017.
- Zepatier [package insert]. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Co, Inc.; June 2018.
- Viekira Pak [package insert]. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie, Inc.; July 2018.
- Vosevi [package insert]. Foster City, CA: Gilead Sciences, Inc.; November 2017.
- Mavyret [package insert]. North Chicago, IL: AbbVie, Inc.; August 2018.
- Song IH, Borland J, Chen S, Wajima T, Peppercorn AF, Piscitelli SC. Dolutegravir has no effect on the pharmacokinetics of oral contraceptives with norgestimate and ethinyl estradiol. Ann Pharmacother. 2015;49(7):784–789.